Sunday, June 23, 2013

Basil Lime Chicken

Want to know what I can't get enough of? Basil and Lime savory dishes. I cook and eat a lot of chicken. So, i'm always trying new marinades and chicken dishes. This particular dish is awesome!! Even though it isn't a Mexican dish, it will go perfect with a margarita or cold Corona. I recommend you make a lot because you will want the left overs. 




Marinade Ingredients:
3 juiced limes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T minced garlic
3 T Dijon mustard
3 T soy sauce
3 T Worcestershire sauce 
3 diced green onions

chicken tenderloins, breast or breast cutlets

Mix together and pour into large zip lock bag with your chicken breasts and marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
Grill for 15-20 minutes depending on which chicken size you choose. 
I made chicken breast cutlets which are thinner and take less time to cook.








Sauce Topping Ingredients:
1 juiced lime
3 T olive oil
1/2 T minced garlic
3 dices green onions
2 T diced fresh basil







Mix together and place on top of cooked chicken.

You can serve this with a side salad, maybe a pico de gallo black bean salad or no mayo potato salad. I choose to make my side be my goat cheese quinoa risotto. 



No comments:

Post a Comment