Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chicken Caprese Salad

I think I've said this before, but I love balsamic vinegar. Therefor I looooove anything caprese! Caprese bruschetta, sandwiches, appetizers. ANYTHING!  You can't go wrong with these ingredients. Here is a recipe for a large entree salad. 




Ingredients:


1/2 pound fresh mozzerella
1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
10oz baby spinach
2 roasted red peppers
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
4 vine ripe tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar 
Salt & Pepper


This was my first attempt at making oven roasted red bell pepper. They are delicious and easy! I don't know why I haven't been doing this sooner. 

Turn the oven on to broil. 
Place quartered red bell peppers face down on foil lines cookie sheet. 
Broil for 10-15 minutes, till blackened. Remove the skin and slice. Done!



On the stove top on medium heat, grill chicken in olive oil, 2 tablespoon balsamic, sun dried tomatoes and salt and pepper.



On individual plates, place spinach, sprinkled basil, tomato slices, peppers, mozzarella, topped with the slices chicken and sun dried tomatoes.

To make a balsamic reduction is simple! Place 1 cup of balsamic vinegar on stove top. Simmer until thickens to a syrup consistency. Stirring constantly so it doesn't burn. I do this last because once it has cooled, it becomes to thick to drizzle on salad. 




That's it! You're done, now go enjoy a yummy salad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment