Thursday, December 12, 2013

Baked Chicken & Green Chili pasta with sour cream sauce

This is a great pasta dish that can be made much lighter than most pasta dishes and is still SO delicious. It MAYBE has become one of my favorites! I cooked my chicken in the crock pot on high with some chicken broth (about 3 hours) before I cut it and shred it or the recipe. You can cook your chicken anyway you would like, but I think this is the easiest and tastiest. You can use whole what pasta or quinoa pasta, and you can even use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can add veggies (onion, bell peppers, broccoli) Make it your own recipe! Your friends and family will love it! Here is how I made mine...



3 chicken breasts
1 lb penne pasta 
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
3 T butter
2 T flour
2 cups chicken broth 
1 cup sour cream 
4 oz green chilies 

Preheat oven to 350
Spray your baking dish with cooking spray 
In bowl mix chicken and cheese
Place a layer of pasta in dish first and then on top of pasta place chicken/cheese mix
In a sauce pot melt butter and mix in flour 
Whisk in broth, green chilies and sour cream 
Pour over pasta mix. Do not stir
Bake 20-30 minutes 








NOTE: this recipe is made for a 9x13 baking dish. I used a 8x8 so I modified the recipe to fit my pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment