Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kelly's Chicken Rice Curry

My best friend Kelly gave me this recipe and said she loved it! I'm always looking for new ideas and I loved this recommendation. Its served cold, so perfect for a summer night. Serve it as a side dish or enjoy a big bowl as your entree. My husband said it reminds him of our honeymoon because we ate at a Indian restaurant while we were there. So, now I have a delicious dish I can serve him if i'm ever feeling nostalgic. Thanks Kelly!




Ingredients:
2 cups of water
1 1/4 cup jasmine rice
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons Major Grey mango chutney
3 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/3 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons cilantro

Boil water, add rice and bring to medium-low heat. Cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes till water has absorbed and rice is fluffly.
Mix together mayo, yogurt, chutney, curry powder and lemon juice
Mix everything together except the almonds and cilantro.
Transfer to fridge and let chill for several hours so all the flavors mix together.
Serve with almonds and cilantro sprinkles on top. 








6 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment