Saturday, May 25, 2013

Eggs Benedict

This is my all time favorite breakfast food! It never disappoints me. I make a cheater version at home. Let me show you how!



Ingredients:
 eggs (2 per serving) 
2 tablespoons white vinegar
water
hollandaise sauce packet
1/4 butter
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cayennne pepper 
English muffins
Canadian Bacon
pepper
Mason Jar lid rim








Melt butter in sauce pot and add milk.
Mix with hollandaise packet, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
Bring to a boil and stir constantly till thoroughly mixed and thickened.

Simmer water and vinegar. 
Put mason jar rim in the water and gently break egg and slowly pour into the rim. It will turn white. 
Let cook in SIMMERING water for 2-3 minutes.
Scoop out and place onto  plate. Remove from rim delicately
Place poached egg onto toasted English muffin and Canadian bacon. 
Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with pepper.

NOTE: I bought this Canadian bacon before I knew about the Sodium Nitrite in my meat. I personally won't be using this anymore. Find a alternative like tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment