Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Little Sisters French Onion Soup

My little sister gave me this yummy french onion recipe. AND it's a crock pot recipe too, which makes me very happy!! Crock pot recipes are not just for the fall and winter months. My house gets so hot during the summer and I hate using my oven. So I throw my food in a crock pot and cook it in the garage, that way my cooking won't heat up the house even more than it already is. Alright here is the recipe....




Ingredients:

3-4 yellow onions
1/4  cup butter
1 tablespoon flour
48 oz beef broth
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon tabasco 
French bread
6-8 slices of Swiss cheese
pinch of salt & pepper

Optional:
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Saute onion chunks in butter till translucent
Add flour and mix with a fork
Transfer to crock pot and add beef broth, balsamic and tabasco.
Cook on high 2-4 hours. Or low for 6-8 hours
Ladle soup into serving bowl, top with bread and cheese. Wait till cheese is melted and then EAT UP!!

NOTE: I have a big crock pot so my food cooks faster. If yours is medium or small sized then add an addition hour or 2. Add optional seasoning with the broth if you want. 







No comments:

Post a Comment