Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pilsbury Biscuit Sloppy Joe's

Soooooo.... this Easter I decided to go super casual and make my favorite sloppy joe recipe. (I actually forgot about Easter when I made this weeks meal plan to be honest, hehe) You can find this recipe online if you google Pilsbury sloppy joe biscuits, but I have tweaked it just a little bit. Don't worry it's easy!



Ingredients:

3/4 lb lean ground turkey meat
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green onion
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 
1/3 cup ketchup
salt & pepper
1 can of Pilsbury Grand Biscuit (if you can find the wheat ones get those!)
1 egg yoke
1/2 cup of cheese ( I used Muenster but Monterey Jack is good too) 

Heat oven to 375
Cook turkey, green bell pepper and onion till cooked completely. Drain.
Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
Take each biscuit and spread it with your fingers till about 3 1/2 inches wide. Place biscuits on cookie sheet. Brush egg yoke on each biscuit and scoop about 1/3 of turkey mixture onto each biscuit. 
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 12-15 minutes

You will LOVE these, I swear!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment