Friday, March 22, 2013

Crock Pot Provencal Chicken

Don't let the name of this recipe intimidate you. It's SO easy!!! Almost every crock pot recipe is!! Provencal chicken is just the origin of where the recipe came from. This is from a region in France, Provence.  Which my best friend and I visited the summer of 2010 and happens to be one of my favorite places now. I am a big fan of colorful dishes and this is a perfect example of one. It is so flavorful and has hardly any ingredients.


Boneless chicken breast
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 can of cannelloni beans
2 Tablespoons dried basil
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Throw it all in the crock pot, and cook on low for 7 hours or until ready. You can add onion and garlic if you want to. But it still has so much flavor without. :) Enjoy with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette. Bon appetite!! 

Makes 6 servings
212 calories per serving



1 comment:

  1. Deb this looks FANTASTIC! I have yet to try my brand new crock pot! This will be my first tasty treat to try out! I really like that you are providing the calorie count information on the items you are creating! They are all fresh and reasonable! LOVE IT! Keep'um coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete