Thursday, March 21, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I've been meaning to start a blog and a couple days ago my best friend inspired me to do it! So here is my first official post....

2012 was my first year being married and I discovered that I am actually a pretty good cook. Growing up my big sister was always the cook of the family and I was SO busy with gymnastics and school that I never took the time to try. But today I live in South Carolina with my husband while he finishes up getting his masters in Nurse Anesthesia. Now, that I am no longer a full time student athlete I have plenty of time to cook. It has become something I'm really passionate about and I love seeing how happy my food makes my husband. :) I even on occasion cook a few homemade dog meals for Tucker and Lola. I want to post as many of my recipes as I can for you all. I'll start with what I made last night.


Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and a Blue Cheese Wedge Salad




1lb ground lean chicken meat
1 egg
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 carrot
1 cellery stalk
1/2 teaspoon garlic poweder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 oz blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup Franks hot sauce

preheat oven to 350
In a food processor chop up the carrot and celery finely.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl (only 1/4 Franks tho) and don't over mix
Place meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 Franks hot sauce

The wedge salad was just ice berg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bacon bits, blue cheese crumble and black pepper. For the dressing I use Marie's yogurt dressing. It tastes the exact same and is half the calories. 

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to add that each meatball is only 40 calories. So eat up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to follow your discoveries! Can't wait to try these yummies out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don,t know how it is test for but it,s looking wonder to look at.meal bars for dogs

    ReplyDelete