Monday, January 12, 2015

Chocolate Fudge Sundae Cupcake with Homemade eggless vanilla ice cream


Sometimes the best ideas start out as a mistake. I hade all my friends over for a potluck grill-out and my intention was to have chocolate cupcakes with whipped cream icing for everyone. I also got the ice-cream KitchenAid attachment for Christmas, so I was excited to show my friends how it worked. I absent mindedly used all my heavy cream for the ice cream mix. So, obviously we decided to just use ice cream instead of icing. Best idea ever! It's the perfect amount of cake & ice cream in one cute cupcake. I made the cupcakes from my moist chocolate cake recipe. (Below) Baked for 18-20 minutes. Once cooled I scooped a little from the center and filled with chocolate fudge frosting. Once you are ready to eat these beautiful babies, scoop a small amount of ice cream (I use a cookie scoop) and plop on top! Eat up before they melt!! 




The ice cream recipe:
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla 
3/4 cup sugar
Mix and pour into the mixer. Mix on low for 12 minutes. 



Chocolate cake recipe:
http://debrasfoodtravelsandfun.blogspot.com/2014/02/moist-chocolate-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment