Monday, January 12, 2015

Zucchini Lasagna

When my husband requested this dish for dinner, I have to admit that I wasn't that excited to make it or eat it. But it easily exceeded my expectations! This will be a staple in my house from now on and it doesn't hurt that it's healthier than it's original lasagna version. My secret ingredient for the meat sauce is one packet of Stevia. You don't have to add it, but I LOVE it in my marinara sauce. That and balsamic. Yum yum!



Ingredients:

1lb Ground turkey 
2 T Olive oil 
3 minced Garlic cloves
1/2 diced sweet Onion 
1 stevia packet
2 T Balsamic
1 T Dried oregano
2 T Dried or fresh basil
S&P to taste
28 oz crushed tomatoes 
3-4 zucchini 
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup Ricotta
1 Eggs
16 oz Mozzarella 

Preheat oven to 375
Cook the ground turkey in a large skillet. Then set aside.
Sauté onion and garlic in 1 T olive oil and then add meat again.
Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, s&p, balsamic and stevia. 
In a seperste bowl mix together ricotta, parm cheese and egg. 
Sauté zucchini in olive oil until golden.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking oil.
Pour about 1/2 a cup of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish, then a layer of zucchini and ricotta mix. (The ricotta was hard to spread, it's ok if it moves the zucchini around a little bit) 
Sprinkle with mozzarella. 
Repeat for 3 layers.
Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 29 more minutes. 











No comments:

Post a Comment