Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ryan's spicy italian sausage mac & cheese



My husband doesn't cook very often, but when he does he makes me this delicious dish! It's spicy so watch out! But if you dont think so, add some sriracha! Do not forget to remove the jalapeño seeds!!!! Once he forgot and it was so spicy I couldn't eat it and I made him buy me a pizza instead. This is what I like to call "the grown up" version of mac & cheese. Anyway here it is, Ryan's spicy italian sausage Mac & cheese....



Ingredients:

4 italian turkey or chicken sausage 
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1/2 sweet onion
1 jalapeño
1 T minced garlic
2 T olive oil
1 cup almond milk or regular milk
2 cups of water
Box of Mac & Cheese

Dice up all veggies
Sauté veggies in 1 T olive oil
Brown sausage in remaining 1 T olive oil and then combine with veggies to finish cooking
Add milk, water and macaroni. It will look like slop according to Ryan! 
Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes
Add cheese powder and stir. (You don't need to use all the cheese) 











No comments:

Post a Comment