Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chocolate Biscotti

I don't know where I have been the last 28 years but I just recently decided to dip Biscotti into my coffee, thanks to my Granny recommending it. Now it has become one of my favorite treats. Chocolate is my favorite!!



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 egg white
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
onyx chocolate powder - optional

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Combine flour, sugar, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl add vanilla and eggs.
Slowly stir in the egg mixture to the dry mixture, lastly add the chocolate chips.
Divide the dough in half.  It will be very sticky, so wet your hands before touching the dough.
Roll the dough into 12" long logs 1/2" tall.
Bake for 20-25 minutes till logs become firm.
Let cool for at least an hour and then cut into 1/2" slices.
Arrange slices on baking sheet and then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Cookies will turn crisp as they cool.




Enjoy in coffee, milk or by them selves. 
Keep stored in an air tight container

1 comment:

  1. Tested and tasted! Love your chocolate rendition. It was pretty simple to make too. I have been inspired to test out other flavors of biscotti recipes now.

    ReplyDelete