Monday, November 11, 2013

Chelsea's Honey Mustard, Turkey Bacon, Chicken & Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa

This dish needs a shorter name! :) But I didn't want to leave out anything delicious sounding from the title. One of best friend (Chelsea Cox) texted me this one night bragging about her yummy dinner. I had to have her email it to me because I love EVERYTHING in this. Plus home made honey mustard is the best, so it's a good excuse to make some more. She said to find a bag of sun dried tomato quinoa from the store, but I decided to make mine. Use which ever you would like. You can also buy honey mustard to make it easier, but I recommend you make it from scratch. Ok get started... 




Sun-Dried Tomato Quinoa Ingredients:
 1 cup quinoa 
2 cups chicken broth 
1/2 diced onion
1/2 cup diced sun dried tomato 
S&P to taste

Boil dry quinoa in chicken broth until all liquid has absorbed 
Mix in tomatoes, onions and S&P 



Honey Mustard Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Dijon mustard 
1/3 cup honey
3T red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water 

Whisk everything together 



Main Dish Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts 
3-4 turkey bacon strips 
1 1/2 cups broccoli 
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder 
S&P to taste 

Dice up bacon and cook on the stove till crispy
Cook chopped chicken on the stove top with garlic, chili powder and S&P 
Pour honey mustard mix on chicken (enough to cover everything) 
Add bacon and broccoli and pour in about 1/4 cup more honey mustard
Cover and let simmer till broccoli is soft
Serve over quinoa and enjoy!!!







Thanks Chelsea Cakes!!

NOTE: I did not use my whole batch of honey mustard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment