Monday, October 21, 2013

Caprese Pizza

So I'm finally feeling well enough to get my butt back in the kitchen. I'm starting off with something that is easier than dirt! Obviously I would love to post about homemade pizza dough and pizza sauce, but that will have to come some other day. This is made out of the Pilsbury wheat artisan pizza dough. You can put any toppings you want on this pizza dough; peppers, olives, pineapples. Whatever you like. I went with a basic caprese style. 



Pilsbury pizza dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce
Sliced basil 
Mozzarella 
2 sliced Roma tomatoes 
1 cup balsamic vinegar. 

Preheat over to 400.
Bake pizza dough for 8 minutes.
Place toppings on pizza.
Bake additional 6-7 minutes. 
Drizzle with balsamic reduction. 

To make a balsamic reduction, boil 1 cup balsamic vinegar on medium-high, stirring constantly until thickens into a syrup. Takes about 15-20 minutes. It will thicken even more after you remove it from the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment