Monday, September 8, 2014

Lemon Chicken Pasta

At first when I saw a recipe with lemon juice in the pasta sauce I thought it sounded strange and I was a little hesitant to try. But now I LOVE it and I even add extra. It's so delicious! So here is an easy pasta dish for you to try. And kids will love it too. 




Ingredients:
Penne pasta 
3 lemons
4 chicken breasts 
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup half & half 
3/4 cup whipping cream 
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
Lemon pepper
S&P
Basil
Cherry tomatos 

Cook pasta as directed on box 
Grill, bake or George Forman your chicken. Sprinkled with lemon pepper and lemon juice
Melt butter in sauce pan on medium heat.
Squeeze in lemon juice from 3 halves of lemons.
Whisk in half & half and whipping cream. 
Dice basil and sprinkle some into the sauce, leave some to sprinkle on top of pasta. 
Let sauce simmer about 8 minutes, whisk every 30 seconds or so. 
Remove from heat and sprinkle in cheese.
Serve pasta with halved cherry tomatoes, chicken, basil, S&P and a healing scoop of lemon sauce. 






I hope you like it! 
This recipe is for 4 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment