Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Honey Chipotle Turkey Meatballs

More meatballs!! I love how healthy meatballs are and how many different ways you can make them. This recipe was based off a Martha Stewart recipe I found on Pinterest. I added more ingredients to the meatballs to make sure they weren't going to be so dense. I also added extra honey to tame the spiciness a little. You can give or take a little depending on how much spice you would like. 



Ingredients:
1lb ground lean turkey
1/2 diced yellow onion
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2T Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
3 T olive oil 
S&P to taste
1T chipotle chilies in adobo sauce 
3T honey
3 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 375
Mix turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, mustard, and seasonings. 
Scoop meatballs and brown on the stove top in heated olive oil. 
Transfer to baking dish and cook for 15 more minutes. 

Mix chipotle chilies, honey and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. I used my food processor to purée the chillies. 
Pour into the stove top pan used for browning the meatballs. 
Transfer meatballs back into pan with sauce to coat each meatball. 






Serve with steamed veggies. You can add rice or quinoa too if you would like. 
I hope you like them! 

Cilantro Lime Quinoa:
1/4 diced cilantro 
1-2 juiced limes
Salt to taste 

No comments:

Post a Comment