Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rainbow Sprinkled Sugar Cookies

I think everyone loves funfetti anything! It's a childhood classic cake flavor. Since cookies are my favorite, what better idea than making sugar cookies with rainbow sprinkles? Ok, the secret to making sugar cookies super soft is to bake the dough very chilled. I made my first batch after chilling the dough a few hours, and I left the rest in the fridge for several more days. Yes! days! The dough that had been in the fridge the longest made the best cookies. I know it's hard, but be patient and you won't be disappointed. 



1 stick of butter, room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract 
1 1/2 cups flour 
2 teaspoons cornstarch 
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles 

Mix butter, sugar, egg and extra on medium till creamed light & fluffy. About 5 minutes.
Scrap the bowl and add flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda and sprinkles. 
Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate till ready to bake. 

Preheat oven to 350 and bake 10-12 minutes. 

Note: these cookies should not turn brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment